The animal you won't keep as a pet? (1 Viewer)

The animal you won't keep as a pet?

zoldos

Schism Admin
Resident Schism
May 29, 2024
the Ether
Soul Shards
Pets do become your best friends. All of my dogs have been uniquely different through out the years, but I remember them always when they are gone and love the ones I have a lot while they are here.
Over the past 18 years, my g/f and I have cared for but lost many cats, dogs, a guinea pig, and a fish. All are sorely missed. :(

• *cries
Reactions: Web Diva

Web Diva

Resident Schism
May 30, 2024
Soul Shards
Over the past 18 years, my g/f and I have cared for but lost many cats, dogs, a guinea pig, and a fish. All are sorely missed. :(
I'm so sorry.:cry: It's always painful when you lose your animals and you never forget them. I haven't had a pet fish before, but I'm sure they are mesmerizing to watch.

When I lost my Isabella and brought her ashes home, I placed them on a book shelf and to this day, I haven't moved them. I really can't go near it. She was a Pomeranian and the most amazing dog I ever had. I do love my dogs now, but my Isabella was truly unique, really entertaining and very fearless in the swimming pool.

• *is sad
Reactions: zoldos

xj900uk

Resident Schism
May 30, 2024
Soul Shards
I still remeember fondly (some more than others) all of my dogs, plus other animals like hamsters, gerbils, even a tortoise that I or my family have kept over the years, But the dogs perhaps most fondly and strongest of all.

I still really do miss these two guys, tI and Oscar...

Henley 10th June 2006.JPGDSCF6799.JPG

• I love it!
  • Digging it
Reactions: zoldos and Cpvr

zoldos

Schism Admin
Resident Schism
May 29, 2024
the Ether
Soul Shards
I'm so sorry.:cry: It's always painful when you lose your animals and you never forget them. I haven't had a pet fish before, but I'm sure they are mesmerizing to watch.

When I lost my Isabella and brought her ashes home, I placed them on a book shelf and to this day, I haven't moved them. I really can't go near it. She was a Pomeranian and the most amazing dog I ever had. I do love my dogs now, but my Isabella was truly unique, really entertaining and very fearless in the swimming pool.
Some we had to give away, which was almost as painful. Snow, a cat who chose our family, we cared for more than 8 years, just walked away when we released him because we weren't sure where we were going to be living. That hurt the most. He just walked away. :(

• *cries

Web Diva

Resident Schism
May 30, 2024
Soul Shards
Some we had to give away, which was almost as painful. Snow, a cat who chose our family, we cared for more than 8 years, just walked away when we released him because we weren't sure where we were going to be living. That hurt the most. He just walked away. :(
I'm so sorry, very heartbreaking losing Snow, and those kind of moments just stay with you and can be rather haunting to your soul. :( I have moments like that too, rather painful to even write about, but I do remember them and wish I could have changed the outcome.

• *is sad

xj900uk

Resident Schism
May 30, 2024
Soul Shards
That is what I do not like about cats. They always regard their humans as mere staff

• *is sad

zoldos

Schism Admin
Resident Schism
May 29, 2024
the Ether
Soul Shards
I'm so sorry, very heartbreaking losing Snow, and those kind of moments just stay with you and can be rather haunting to your soul. :( I have moments like that too, rather painful to even write about, but I do remember them and wish I could have changed the outcome.
A relative cl;aims he saw him earlier this year, still hanging around where we released him. I'm very tempted to see if I can find him....

xj900uk

Resident Schism
May 30, 2024
Soul Shards
I will stick to dogs. They are not 'Man's Best Friend' for nothing. Especially if you have a cream pot that needs licking out...DSCF2724.JPG

• Digging it
Reactions: Web Diva and zoldos

xj900uk

Resident Schism
May 30, 2024
Soul Shards
Eden is loyal to his stomach. To him, I am right now the only food provider.
He has just enough to keep him a lean, mean fighting machine of dynamic energy.

DSCF2936.JPG

• Digging it

Web Diva

Resident Schism
May 30, 2024
Soul Shards
A relative cl;aims he saw him earlier this year, still hanging around where we released him. I'm very tempted to see if I can find him....
That might be a meaningful journey. I lost a cat many, many years ago, put up signs and three months later a women called me and said she thought she had my cat. She in fact did. That was my black and white cat I named Phantom. I was so amazed to get him back.

Web Diva

Resident Schism
May 30, 2024
Soul Shards
I still remeember fondly (some more than others) all of my dogs, plus other animals like hamsters, gerbils, even a tortoise that I or my family have kept over the years, But the dogs perhaps most fondly and strongest of all.

I still really do miss these two guys, tI and Oscar...

View attachment 115View attachment 116

Sweet dogs! I know how much you must miss them. I have had dogs in my life I miss a lot too.

Users who are viewing this thread