Favorite chips? (1 Viewer)

zoldos

Schism Admin
Resident Schism
May 29, 2024
the Ether
Soul Shards
My Grandfather said I had a "hollow leg". I was severely anemic a couple of years ago tho (almost died actually), and lost like 25 pounds! o_O

xj900uk

Resident Schism
May 30, 2024
Soul Shards
My blood count I think was "3". Normal is around 8. My legs were like jelly when I walked and I had no energy. I was admitted to the hospital for a blood transfusion!! :oops:
Well, do not leave it so long if it gets that bad again in the future. Go straight to the hospital or health centre!

zoldos

Schism Admin
Resident Schism
May 29, 2024
the Ether
Soul Shards
Well, do not leave it so long if it gets that bad again in the future. Go straight to the hospital or health centre!
I didn't know I was sick. I thought I was just fatigued. I went to the doctor for something else, and they took blood. I got a call at home later that day and was told to "go to the hospital right now", and they already had a room for me. I apparently nearly died! :cry:

xj900uk

Resident Schism
May 30, 2024
Soul Shards
I didn't know I was sick. I thought I was just fatigued. I went to the doctor for something else, and they took blood. I got a call at home later that day and was told to "go to the hospital right now", and they already had a room for me. I apparently nearly died! :cry:
Well, it's onlys erious when you get to the hospital and they start measuring you up for your coffin whilst youa re still wriggling around!

• That's scary!
Reactions: zoldos

zoldos

Schism Admin
Resident Schism
May 29, 2024
the Ether
Soul Shards
Well they obviously did the right thing calling you in. Hope you have publcised anaemia to the rest of your family as it is often heridary, and can be easily overlooked on a health check
I was tested for Thalassemia, but it was negative (my Mom had it and was always anemic). I had no ulcer, and no internal bleeding as far as doctor's could tell. This was about 5 years ago. There is still no explanation, and it hasn't happened since....

xj900uk

Resident Schism
May 30, 2024
Soul Shards
eWell, perhaps it was just a 'one off', Mr Morbis. But keep on checking and watching for it just in case that it comes back one day.

• Agreed
Reactions: zoldos

Users who are viewing this thread