PC gaming (1 Viewer)

PC gaming

zoldos

Schism Admin
Resident Schism
May 29, 2024
the Ether
Soul Shards
I've been PC gaming since the mid 80's, starting on a Commodore and Apple IIe.

It's still my favorite!! :D

Flagons Workshop

Resident Schism
May 30, 2024
Soul Shards
I used to be an avid gamer, I don't do it as much these days. Too many other activities taking up my time. I've been playing them way back to the text games that started it all, spent many an hour on Doom and Quake, Age of Empires, the Leisure Suit Larry Series, Space Quest.

I've kept up with the newer titles, just don't have the time. Fallout and a lot of the Bethesda games look really interesting, not for the least reason that I used to live there back in my High School days. You know, before dirt was invented :p

• LOL!
Reactions: zoldos

zoldos

Schism Admin
Resident Schism
May 29, 2024
the Ether
Soul Shards
Ever heard of "Zoarre", I think it's spelled? It was a text based dungeon crawler from the 80's. I had much fun with it. Space Quest was awesome as well. In fact, one of the very first computer games I really got into was "King's Quest IV". I spent many days, weeks....months playing that. hehe

Flagons Workshop

Resident Schism
May 30, 2024
Soul Shards
The Zork series, yeah I spent a lot of time on those. Those were all early Infocom games, Zork was based on a game called "Adventure" which was a mainframe game because at the time PCs didn't exist ;)

The graphics based games you are mentioning there were all from Sierra Software.

Sadly neither company exists any more. Writing games is a tough business.

zoldos

Schism Admin
Resident Schism
May 29, 2024
the Ether
Soul Shards
Yes, Sierra was awesome. My two fav old school games tho were Simcity (Maxis, 1988) and Death Track. I lost months of my life in those. hehe

I also enjoyed many titles from Microprose.

Bawse

Resident Schism
Jul 9, 2024
Soul Shards
I've played a few games on my PC. I use to play World of Warcraft, but I think games have a better experience on a console.

• Kittie!!

zoldos

Schism Admin
Resident Schism
May 29, 2024
the Ether
Soul Shards
I've played a few games on my PC. I use to play World of Warcraft, but I think games have a better experience on a console.
My g/f and I play World of Warcraft in co-op. Very fun! But I prefer more modern MMOs with shooter based movement controls. "Once Human" is really fun!!

The Raven

Resident Schism
Aug 17, 2024
Soul Shards
I started my gaming "carrier" when I was 7 and it's still ongoing. First game I rolled with was Heroes of Migh and Magic 3. Since then I am into stratigic games. :D

• LOL!

Users who are viewing this thread