Impact of gaming on the society? (1 Viewer)

Impact of gaming on the society?

Henrywrites

Resident Schism
Sep 6, 2024
Soul Shards
There have been both positive and negative reviews about different games' impact on society. I once read a report where some parents sued a gaming company for being responsible for gun violence in their community simply because some of their kids play their games and begin to use gun as they like. What do you think about the impact of gaming on society?

• Digging it
Reactions: Web Diva

zoldos

Schism Admin
Resident Schism
May 29, 2024
the Ether
Soul Shards
Violence has happened since the dawn of man and will continue long after the internet and games have vanished. To claim a video game causes violence is absurd. If someone plays GTA San Andreas for example, then starts committing murders and stealing cars, they were already fucked up and blaming the game is just an excuse and a way to deflect the fact that their parents did not raise them good enough.

What's next, banning books, movies, TV shows, music, any possible thing that could contain violence? Will this make our world peaceful? Or are we just delusional?

@xj900uk @Cpvr @Web Diva @Krissycakes09

• Digging it
Reactions: Web Diva

xj900uk

Resident Schism
May 30, 2024
Soul Shards
Man, is by nature, an evolved animal. Violence will always be a part of his nature as it was when he was a hunter-gatherer on the plains of Africa. Kill or be killed.

• Digging it
Reactions: Web Diva and zoldos

Krissycakes09

Schism Staff
Schism Admin
Resident Schism
Sep 9, 2024
Soul Shards
There have been both positive and negative reviews about different games' impact on society. I once read a report where some parents sued a gaming company for being responsible for gun violence in their community simply because some of their kids play their games and begin to use gun as they like. What do you think about the impact of gaming on society?
I don't blame games for peoples stupidity! Your going to be stupid and shoot up a school or whatever? That you did on your own and not cause you played a "violent" game, Just my thoughts.

• Agreed
  • Digging it
Reactions: Web Diva and zoldos

Web Diva

Resident Schism
May 30, 2024
Soul Shards
Games do not warp brains, but the wrong parenting and lack of values does. Kids that are going to kill as adults most often have that in their DNA at a young age. They just need that spark that sets it off.

• Agreed
Reactions: zoldos

xj900uk

Resident Schism
May 30, 2024
Soul Shards
If people are bad they are bad from the off. Faulty wiring or something like that, although bad or absent parenting and lack of decent core family values does not help. Been that way long before video games came along. Back in the pre-digital days, around where I lived kiddies used to go and get a magnifying glass and focus the sun's rays to burn ants for fun...

• Agreed
Reactions: zoldos

Users who are viewing this thread