Have you ever had a pet that died? (1 Viewer)

Have you ever had a pet that died?

Bawse

Resident Schism
Jul 9, 2024
Soul Shards
My dog I owned for 10 years was put down when I was younger. He had a tumor on his back, and my mother did it behind my back, then told me after.

Have you had any pets that died?

• *is sad
  • *cries
Reactions: Web Diva and zoldos

xj900uk

Resident Schism
May 30, 2024
Soul Shards
Far too many, good friends and members of the family rather than 'animals'. In fact I would rather associate with them than a lot of humans...
Sadly these two are now long gone... This was taken back in August '07 of Ti and Oscar. Ti died the following year and Oscar in 2018 as the result of injuries he sustained as my Assisance dog - he was strck down on the pavement/sidewalk by a pedal cyclist and never recovered :-( Still really miss them bothOscar & Ti in Buxton, Aug '07.JPG

• *is sad
  • Digging it
Reactions: zoldos and Bawse

Kyng

Resident Schism
Jun 10, 2024
United Kingdom
Soul Shards
All of our guinea pigs, sadly. We had three pairs of them: the first from 2005 to 2009; the second from 2009 to 2012/15; and the third from 2015 to 2019/21.

They're all buried in the garden, marked by their own individual headstones (although, the older ones are starting to fade).

• *cries
Reactions: Web Diva

zoldos

Schism Admin
Resident Schism
May 29, 2024
the Ether
Soul Shards
My dog I owned for 10 years was put down when I was younger. He had a tumor on his back, and my mother did it behind my back, then told me after.

Have you had any pets that died?
Yes sadly. First my childhood pet dog, Boots. 1983-1995. Then much later, several cats and dogs. :(

xj900uk

Resident Schism
May 30, 2024
Soul Shards
These days a dog is my closest friend. They are far more reliable, loving and non-judgemental than most humans!

DSCF2776.JPG

Last edited:

Web Diva

Resident Schism
May 30, 2024
Soul Shards
I'm sorry about what happened with your dog, @Bawse

Guinea pigs are amazing, sorry @Kyng, they must have been very special.

Sorry about Boots @Drac Morbis and your other pets.

Same for everyone that has posted so far. I have lost many dogs and I remember them so well. Each was very special, and just thinking about each one of them makes me miss them again so much.

I also agree, pets are the best and humans are meh...with exception of the cool humans on this website and some other humans I know.

• Agreed
Reactions: zoldos

Cpvr

Resident Schism
May 30, 2024
Soul Shards
The first family dog that I’ve ever had unfortunately passed away when I was 12. He was an amazing dog and was one of the best dogs that I’ve had.😭

• *cries
Reactions: Web Diva and zoldos

zoldos

Schism Admin
Resident Schism
May 29, 2024
the Ether
Soul Shards
Sorry about Boots @Drac Morbis and your other pets.
Excited Aww GIF

• *is sad
Reactions: Web Diva

xj900uk

Resident Schism
May 30, 2024
Soul Shards
Sadly a sight no m ore. This was the sight that used to greet me every time I fell asleep on the sofa - Oscar waking me up to tell me it was time to take my tablets and, more importantly, feed him! Oscar-2.jpg

• *cries
Reactions: zoldos

Krissycakes09

Schism Staff
Schism Admin
Resident Schism
Sep 9, 2024
Soul Shards
Yes I've had a lot of pets die in my life. And I know I will have more. But one that hurt was my dog Sandy. She was my dog growing up. She was the best. She found us. Anyway she died while I was living in California. My dad called me up and told me she had a seizure and they rushed her to the vet but it was too late. I cried and cried for many days. I miss her so much.

• *is sad
Reactions: zoldos and xj900uk

zoldos

Schism Admin
Resident Schism
May 29, 2024
the Ether
Soul Shards
Yes I've had a lot of pets die in my life. And I know I will have more. But one that hurt was my dog Sandy. She was my dog growing up. She was the best. She found us. Anyway she died while I was living in California. My dad called me up and told me she had a seizure and they rushed her to the vet but it was too late. I cried and cried for many days. I miss her so much.
I lost my childhood pet in 1995. We cared for her for like 12 years. :(

Users who are viewing this thread